***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is my own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
About a month ago I was in need of a new face wash since all the face washes I had in my arsenal had a high pH-level. I wanted to jump on the low pH face wash bandwagon to see what the hype was about, but didn’t want to wait for a Korean one to be delivered. So, I ventured to my local Ulta to see if I could find a good low pH cleanser. I had seen the Pacifica brand before and liked that they were cruelty-free and used natural products. However, I couldn’t tell if their face washes were low pH since the bottles didn’t list it and the reviews online didn’t say anything. But I decided to give it a chance anyway and I am sure glad that I did! Out of the three that Pacifica makes I chose their newest one, the Quinoa Sensitive Super Gentle Face Wash.
(Click on pictures to zoom in and read captions)
Here are the magical ingredients:
- Sunflower Seed Oil- a skin conditioner that helps to moisturize the skin.
- Calendula Flower Extract- works as an anti-inflammatory and moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera- works as an anti-inflammatory and moisturizer.
- Quinoa Seed Extract- a skin conditioner that is great for sensitive skin types.
Here are the cursed ingredients:
- Calendula Flower Extract- potential acne irritant rating of 1.
For the full list of ingredients and analysis, click this link.
How to use:
What Pacifica says to do:
- Best used on damp skin, massaging in a circular motion and remove with a warm damp compress.
- For waterproof make-up, a pre-cleanse is recommended to experience full benefits.
What I do:
- In the morning:
- Use face wash on its own, as double cleansing is not necessary.
- Wet face and put a small dollop of product in palm of hand.
- Massage skin and wash off gently.
- In the evening:
- Oil cleanse first, then cleanse with face wash second.
How it worked for me:
I absolutely love this face wash! I couldn’t be happier that I picked this up on a whim. Finding a good face wash is a never ending search for me, as I honestly can’t say I have any favorites. But now I can, because this face wash has been a delight to use. Unlike the Cosrx Good Morning Low pH Gel Cleanser (review here), this face wash is gentle AND leaves my face feeling clean. I have oily skin so my face tends to get pretty gross by the end of the day and all the face washes I have used up until now have either been too stripping ,or just didn’t leave my face feeling clean at all.
However, this face wash is super gentle as it doesn’t irritate my acne or cause more, and it leaves my face feeling incredibly soft. I am unsure of what the actual pH of this face wash is as I don’t own any pH strips to test it, but I have a feeling it’s not high as it is non-stripping. The only thing is it doesn’t foam up a lot so if you are looking for a face wash with a more foam-like consistency, you might want to get one of those bubble maker nets (like this). Other than that, I would recommend this face wash for all skin types as it is made for sensitive skin types, but also works well for oily skin types.
- 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free
- Leaves skin feeling clean and soft without stripping skin
- Does not irritate exiting acne
- Helps to clear existing acne
- Smells like sweet candy
- Packaging is super cute and travel-friendly
- Doesn’t remove all heavy eye make-up on its own
- Advertised ingredients are low on the list of ingredients
- Scent may irritate some people
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
I am in love with this face wash and I intend to keep using until something better comes along, which seems unlikely in the foreseeable future.
Where you can purchase it:
- Ulta Beauty for $10.00