***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is our own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
A few weeks back we made another visit to our favorite Japanese market, Mitsuwa in Edgewater, NJ. Along with stocking up on some of our favorite treats and sheet masks we decided to try something new. The point of these masks is to relax the user while the heat aids in reducing any puffy or swollen skin around the eyes. These mask patches heat up once you remove them from their individual packaging, while also releasing the scent of lavender sage, rose, red bean, mint, citrus, or chamomile-ginger. For this review we’re using the lavender scented box.
How it Works:
(Click each picture for a closer look!)
- Remove mask from pouch
- Tear along the perforated lines to separate ear straps.
- With the white colored side facing you, strap the mask onto your face, the notched edge facing down (this is the slot for your nose).
- Heat will last approximately 10 minutes.
(Click picture for a closer look!)
- Traveling/ on a flight
- A brief break in the day or at work
- Before bedtime
- After Eye care or skin routine.
These mask are honestly the greatest. So far, neither of us has had a single issue with them. They heat up the way the are supposed to, they smell wonderfully like lavender, and they are extremely soothing on tired eyes. We find that the are the best to use after a long and tiring day, as you are trying to fall asleep. But they would be great to use while traveling too. They stay on relatively well as long as you are not leaning the side of your face against a pillow, hand, etc. We were a bit skeptical about whether they would really heat up or not, but decided to get them anyway just for fun and we are so glad we did. They heat up to a pleasantly warm temperature and are not over overbearingly hot. We have already gone through more than half the box and are trying to ration them until we can get more. We recommend these mask for everyone, as long as you are not sensitive to strong scents.
- Heat up nicely
- Great for tired eyes
- Can be used at home or while traveling
- Disposable, so you don’t have to worry keeping your eye mask clean
- Soothing and fun to use
- Disposable, so you will eventually run out
- Maybe be considered a bit pricey
- Strong scent may irritate some people (however, there is an unscented version!)
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
We love these eye masks and can’t wait to stock up on more!
Where you can purchase it:
- Lavender for $13.30 (available with prime, but for slightly higher price)
- Non-scented for $13.29 (available with prime)
- Available in other scents too!