***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is my own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
Making our way into August, I thought I’d talk about the daytime cream that’s been saving my skin all summer.Or rather, the light gel cream. Due to my oily, acne prone skin I often find it hard to find a moisturizer that doesn’t leave me feeling sticky or even oilier than I already am. Living in an area with high humidity, finding a summer moisturizer used to be impossible. While scanning through Beautibi’s website a few months back I stumbled upon this product being described as “A light gel cream for oily/combination skin that needs hydration.” And that’s exactly what I needed.
Here are the magical ingredients:
- Glycerin– A moisturizer that has skin repairing properties
- Niacinamide-Helps skin retain water content, even skintone, and increase fatty acid and ceramide levels in the skin. Great ingredient for people struggling with wrinkles and break outs.
- Squalene-An emolient that is found naturally in skin, it has great antioxidant and immune-stimulating properties.
- Aloe- Moisturizing anti-irritant
- Licorice Root Extract (Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extra)-This is a plant extract that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and its supposed to help fight against acne-causing bacteria.
**Paula’s Choice Ingredient Dictionary used as a reference.
Here are the cursed ingredients:
- Butylene Glycol-acne trigger rating of 1.
For the full list of ingredients and analysis, click here.
How To Use:
What ‘Thank You Farmer’ says to do:
- Gently apply an appropriate amount onto face and neck with brush or fingertips.
What I do:
- Follow my usual routine of double cleanse, toning, actives etc..
- Apply small dots on cheeks, forehead, and chin with finger and gently massage in.
(Click images for descriptions)
As you can see from the pictures above, The gel is a very watery consistency, completely absorbing into the skin after gently massaging in. There is no sticky residue left over, and it leaves your skin feeling like you’re not wearing anything at all.
How it worked for me:
This gel cream is my saving grace this summer. With our temperatures being 90 degrees or higher most days, the thought of having any sort of thick or creamy moisturizer disgusts me. My skin absorbs the product with such ease, and I’ve seen a real difference in the over all tone and texture of my skin since I’ve been using this product. I really enjoyed that the top ingredient was water and the rest being mostly plant based or extracted ingredients. The smell is slightly musky, which is interesting after using so many sweet or perfume smelling products, it’s a nice change to have something with a crisp, darker scent. I use this gel cream every day in the morning and sometimes at night if the rest of my routine has thicker essences and serums. It’s the perfect light and hydrating cream that I’ve always been looking for.
- A lot of natural ingredients that are power houses of hydration.
- Contains many skin healing or skin tone evening ingredients.
- Doesn’t leave my skin feeling oily.
- Doesn’t break me out.
- Doesn’t leave skin feeling like there is a film or sticky layer on top.
- Layers well with makeup, sunscreen, sleep packs, etc.
- A little goes a long way.
- While I enjoy the smell, people may not like the musky fragrance.
- Can be pricey
- VERY light. With the main ingredient being water and having light emollients like aloe, don’t be tricked by the “cream” in “gel cream”.
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
This is my new favorite summer or light moisturizer. I don’t know what I would do without it!
Where you can purchase it from:
**You can get $5 off of your Beautibi purchase by clicking here.