***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is our own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
(Packaging says: “Acne pimple master patch heals acne, blemishes and prevents future breakouts quickly.”)
If you have ever had those under the skin pimples that never come to a head and are just filled with puss, then you know how hard they are to get rid of. You can’t squeeze them because that will only make them more irritated and inflamed, so what can you do? Neither of us have ever had much luck with normal spot treatments when it comes to getting rid of these under the skin pimples, so when we heard about these patches we had to get our hands on them. These are Hydrocolloid Patches (like blister patches) that are specifically cut in sizes to fit over pimples. They protect your pimple from outside elements that may be irritating and they absorb the pus inside your pimple.
How To Use:
What Cosrx says to do:
- Cleanse the area around acne blemishes and pimples
- Select a patch of larger size than the acne blemishes and pimples and adhere the patch to those areas.
- Do not replace the patch until the size of acne blemishes and pimples get reduced so that patch can absorb the impurities sufficiently.
What we do:
- Complete our skincare routine.
- Select a patch size larger than the targeted blemish(es) and adhere patches accordingly.
- If doing during our daytime skincare routine, wait until pimple size is reduced and impurities have been absorbed by the patch. If using during our nighttime routine we usually remove patch after we wake up the next morning before our morning routine.
**We didn’t take any pictures of a used patch, but you will know it worked if there are white spots on the patch after you have worn it.**
How it works for us:
These pimple patches are honestly a lifesaver. If you frequently suffer from under the skin pimples and are prone to picking at them, then you should definitely get some of these. As long as you place the patch on pimples that are slightly open and clean (no lotion on them or anything), these patches will stick on rather nicely and get the job done. We prefer using them at nighttime while we sleep because they are a little too noticeable to wear out and it gives them enough time to actually absorb the pus. However, do know that sometimes you may have to put on a patch for several nights in a row in order for your pimple to completely deflate. This is usually only the case for larger pimples. Once you are done using the patches and your blemish is flat, we recommend you follow up with another spot treatment to help prevent any scarring or residual redness. Compared to other pimple patches out there, such as the Nexcare ones, the Cosrx ones stay on better and in our personal opinion, are the better choice.
- greatly decreases size and irritation of blemishes if not getting rid of the blemish all together.
- Stays on all night/day
- Works well on sensitive skin
- Comes in an easy to use, easy to store package.
- Clear patches make it easy to disguise that you’re wearing a patch at all.
- While it’s only $5 there are plenty of other pimple patches for cheaper
- Only contains 24 patches. If you have a lot of blemishes you’ll go through it quickly.
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
A must have spot treatment for those who suffer from under the skin pimples!