***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is my own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
Over the summer I decided to lighten my routine, opting for lighter products that would still keep me hydrated while not feeling like I had a million products on my face. For this, I turned to the Thank You Farmer “Hydration Up” boxset that Beautibi was selling on their website. While I’ve already talked about my love for the True Water Light Gel Cream that was included in this set, I thought it was time to give my thoughts on the toner that came with it.
Here are the magical Ingredients:
- Glycerin-A moisturizer that has skin repairing properties
- Niacinamide-Skin restoring, smooths uneven skin, fine lines and brightens complexion.
- Licorice Extract-Skin smoothing extract, also soothes sensitive or inflamed skin.
- Aloe Vera-Soothes skin and binds moisture to skin
Here are the Cursed Ingredients:
- Ethanol (Alcohol) -Can increase bumps, dry out skin, and enlarge pores.
- Butylene Glycol-Moisturizer that has an acne rating of 1.
- Carbomer-This is used for viscosity control and has an irritant of 1.
Please read full list of ingredients to make sure you are not allergic or easily irritated by any of the ingredients. Full list and analysis here.
How to Use:
What Thank You Farmer says to do:
- After cleansing, apply an appropriate amount onto face with a cotton pad.
What I do:
- After cleansing, pump 1 to 2 times into palms, patting toner gently into the skin.
How it worked for me:
With the very first ingredient being water, it’s easy to say at a glance that it’s very hydrating. It’s cool and refreshing, and soaked into my skin very easily, and it’s filled with so many plant extracts that I can almost forget that it’s fourth most potent ingredient is alcohol. Almost.
The first time I applied this toner, I was hit with the smell of Alcohol. It was slightly masked by different fragrances but it’s there, and I think about it every time I pat this “hydrating” toner into my skin. On the quick scope, I can’t really tell if it’s drying, but for someone with combination/oily skin we all know that the last thing you really want to be applying to your skin is something that’s going to potentially send my oil production into overdrive. Aside from that, even with all the great plant extracts I found that it really just felt like I was patting water on my face.
Like I said, it didn’t do anything HORRIBLE to my skin, but I didn’t feel like I was getting a massive amount of hydration, nor did I find it to be a superstar in my skincare lineup.
- Water is the #1 ingredient
- Doesn’t leave a sticky feeling
- Large bottle
- Glass bottle-Pretty and great for the environment, not so great when it meets the bathroom floor.
- Price: $29 is a big ouch to my wallet so I better love it.
- Alcohol. ‘Nuff said.
- Doesn’t stand out.
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
For the price I feel like I’m putting fancy water on my face. Especially considering it’s fancy water riddled with alcohol. It hasn’t done anything horrible, but I can’t wait to replace it.
Where you can purchase:
- Beautibi for $29.00
Be sure to check out our coupon code page for discounts on some of the sites listed above!