***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is my own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
Back in the beginning of September I was running low on my LJH Tea Tree 90 essence and was contemplating repurchasing or finding an alternative. I love the LJH essence as it is moisturizing and calms my acne inflammation within minutes, however I do not love the price. The LJH essence goes for a retail price of around $30 and the D’Ran Wonder Teatree Essence goes for around $14. I had been seeing mentions of the D’Ran essence on other AB blogs and on r/asianbeauty, so I thought what the hell let’s give it a shot. After testing it out for about 3 months, I have finally made up my mind about this product.
- Stop skin dryness and moisture loss
- Good for acne scar care
- Helps create a luminous complexion
- Soothes inflammation
- Helps reduce acne
Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract/Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract/Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ethanol, Niacinamide, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Cpolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glyceryl Caprylate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Adenosine
Read the CosDNA report here.
Here is the infographic from D’Ran’s official website:
It claims to do quite a lot, right?
How to Use:
What D’Ran says to do:
- Taken from box, “Apply onto the whole skin or the part which has irritation. Absorb it by pressing with two hands smoothly.”
What I do:
- I cleanse, apply a hydrating toner, and then apply this essence. I continue with the rest of my routine after.
- I normally apply it all over my face since I get acne all over.
- And I use this both morning and night.
How it worked for me:
I’m going to say right off the bat that I was disappointed in this essence. I didn’t expect great things, but I saw absolutely no improvement in my skin from using this product. At least compared to the claims D’Ran made about it. It didn’t help prevent acne or reduce inflammation. It didn’t help reduce the appearance of my acne scars. And It didn’t moisturize my skin or give me a luminous complexion. The most I was hoping for out of this essence was for it to help my inflammation and to moisturize my skin a bit. But no, I didn’t see any of that. At the very least, it didn’t do any harm. I didn’t have any bad reactions, but I didn’t have any good one either. This essence has a wonderful ingredients list, but it just falls flat. If I were to purchase another tea tree essence, I would go back the the LJH one.
- Has a promising ingredients list
- Only uses natural ingredients
- Smells medicinal (I didn’t mind, but some might)
- The strong presence of Tea Tree could be irritating to some
- Doesn’t fulfill any of it’s claims
- Doesn’t moisturize
- Doesn’t help with acne
- Doesn’t help the appearance of acne scars
- Doesn’t reduce inflammation
- Doesn’t give a luminous appearance
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
This essence didn’t do any harm, but at the same time it didn’t do much for my skin either. All around a disappointment, so I definitely won’t be repurchasing.
Where you can purchase:
Be sure to check out our coupon code page for discounts on some of the sites listed above!