***This product was given to us to test by Elizavecca, but this review is our honest experience with and opinion about the product. If you are to try this product remember that YMMV.
A few weeks ago we packed our bags, picked up our brooms, and made our way over to NYC in order to attended the #NYCkbeautymeetup2k16. Not only did we get to meet up with many amazing bloggers, but we were also spoiled by sponsors, one of whom was Elizavecca. Though they were offering two types of products, we both were able to get our hands on their Gold CF-Nest White Bomb Eye Cream. Both of us being in our twenties, the threat of wrinkles is still a bit far off, but it doesn’t mean we haven’t started to get anxious about the laugh lines around our eyes or the dark circles that seemed to make themselves at home ever since we’ve became “adults”. For about two and a half weeks now we’ve been testing this cream to see if we could see even the slightest improvement.
- Helps counteract the appearance of five types of wrinkles: crow’s feet, corner creases, under eye wrinkles, lid creases, and vertical lines.
- Brightening of under eye circles
- Supposed to work on all skin types
Golden Swallow Nest Extract, Purified Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylxanoate, Getearyl Alcohol, Sunflower Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Pentaerythrityl Distearate,Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Anemarrhena, Asphodeloides Root Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Fatty Acids, Antioxidants, Olive Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Octagonal Fennel Extract, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter, Fructan, Annatto Seed Oil, Kiwi Extract, Honey Extract, Blackcurrant Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Adenosine, Gold Behenyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexandiol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tromethamine, Carbomer, Polyglyceryl-10 Diserate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Bisalauramide MEA, Spices.
Read the CosDNA report here.
Infographics from Elizavecca’s Offical Website (translated by Althea.kr)
How to Use:
The squeeze tube makes application very easy and the product itself has a chewy or collagenous texture that spreads nicely without tugging at the eye area.
What Elizavecca Instructs:
- There are no English instructions, so we are unsure of what they recommend.
What We Do:
- As the final step of a routine, after your moisturizer, apply eye cream to under eye, outer corner of eye, and eyelid.
- Use your ring finger to gentle spread out and dab in eye cream, as your ring finger applies the least amount of pressure and this helps to prevent the creation of more wrinkles.
- ***Tip: We like to apply some to our lashes as well, because Niacinamide (an ingredient in the eye cream) is known to help with hair growth.
How it Worked for Us:
I would like to start off by saying, I hardly ever stick to an eye cream. Not only do most of them tend to irritate (BURN) the sensitive skin around my eyes, but they always felt like more of a burden to apply when I’ve already gone through my whole routine and put my moisturizer on. Within the first week I noticed that the skin around my eyes looks a little more plump and hydrated, causing the dark circles to be a lot less noticeable. I also could see that some of the fine laugh lines that usually appear at the corners of my eyes were a bit more smoothed out as well. While I can’t attest to how this may work on more matured skin, I can say that I have a lot less people asking if I’m “sick” or “tired” without eye makeup and that’s a definite plus!
Just like Rosa, I never stick to an eye cream either. I tend to forget or I get lazy, but I actually look forward to putting this eye cream on. I don’t have any visible eye wrinkles just yet (I am only 21), but I do have hereditary dark under eye circles. Previous eye creams have not helped with my dark circles and often many have caused an increase in my production on milia. However, this eye cream has greatly helped my dark circles and has not caused any milia. My under eye feels plumper and my dark circles are much less noticeable, even on days when I don’t get much sleep. This is the first time a product has actually improved my dark circles. I can’t say much about how it will improve the appearance of wrinkles, but it definitely keeps your eye area hydrated.
- Keeps eye area deeply hydrated
- Does not cause any irritation
- Doesn’t contribute to milia production
- Helps lessen the appearance of dark circles
- Easy to apply
- Cute packaging
- Not sure about the effects on wrinkles
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
An eye cream that actually helps lessen the appearance of dark circles! We intend to keep using this product, and are unlikely to replace it in the foreseeable future.
Where you can purchase:
Be sure to check out our coupon code page for discounts on some of the sites listed above!