***This review is not sponsored. Everything written is my own opinion, and if you are to use this product remember YMMV.
Corsx has quickly become one of my favorite skincare brands as their products always have short ingredients lists and I always see results. I have tried quite a bit of Cosrx’s products and use several in my daily routine, my favorite being the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid and Centella Blemish Cream. These products have truly been my skin’s savior. My acne which was once relatively severe, has vastly improved to the point that I now consider 1 or 2 pimples a breakout. So when I ran out of my last moisturizer, I knew I had to pick up their Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion. This lotion was specifically made for oily, acne-prone, and sensitive skin that is exposed to regular use of actives. However, it is safe for all skin types and recommended for them.
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive, oily, and acne-prone
- Hydrates, protects, and comforts the skin
- Oil-free, lightweight formula
- Helps maintain water deeply on and under the skin
Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/, Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
**Note that this lotion is not oil-free as it claims. Does include Lemon Peel Oil and Tea Tree Oil.
Read the CosDNA report here.
Infographics from Cosrx’s Offical Website:
I apologize none of this is in English, but just by looking at the infographic you can understand the point they are trying to convey. Essentially, that the use of birch sap instead of water in the formula makes the lotion more hydrating and that the feeling of hydration lasts longer because of it.
How to Use:
Has the consistency of a light cream. Definitely a lotion and not an emulsion.
What Cosrx Instructs:
- Apply daily to cleansed face before moisturizing.
What I Do:
- Apply this lotion as the final moisturizing step of your routine.
- Depending on how dry your skin is, 1 to 2 pumps is all that this necessary.
- This lotion can be used in your morning and night routine.
How it Worked for Me:
This lotion truly does exactly what it says. I had no issues with it breaking me out or causing my skin to be oily (even though it is not oil-free as it claims, but I have a feeling what Cosrx meant was that it won’t cause your skin to be oily). Also, it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day and is hydrating enough to be used as a nighttime moisturizer. It layers well over other products and under makeup. It also sinks it to your skin quickly and doesn’t leave a sticky or tacky feeling. This lotion is the perfect simple moisturizer that is versatile enough to be used in any kind of routine, during any season, and is compatible with any skin type. I highly recommend this lotion for those looking to keep their routines affordable and simple.
- Definitely suitable for all skin types
- Deeply hydrates all day or night
- Not a lot of product is needed
- Skin absorbs product easily
- Doesn’t pill up under makeup
- Doesn’t cause breakouts
- Comes in a convenient pump bottle
- Does have a scent for those that are sensitive to them
- Smell reminds me of coke bottle gummies lol
- Not oil-free
- Does include Lemon Peel Oil and Tea Tree Oil
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
This lotion is a no-frills, go-to moisturizer that gets the job done! Perfect for when your skin is acting up and you need a simple routine.
Where you can purchase:
Be sure to check out our coupon code page for discounts on some of the sites listed above!