***We received this product from Pixi Beauty in exchange for our honest opinions. If you are to use this product remember YMMV.
Back in December when we went to NYC for the #nyckbeautymeetup we were lucky enough to both receive a bottle of Pixi Beauty’s Rose Blend Oil. I (Sara) have tried a few Pixi makeup products, but never any of their skincare. However, their skincare products such as their Glow Tonic are often raved about online. So, both of us were excited to try this product. With that being said, we were a little hesitant to try an oil as neither of us had ever included one in our routine. Both of us have oilier skin types, so using an oil has always seemed counterproductive. Nevertheless, we were both pleasantly surprised by the difference this oil made.
“A powerful youthful preservative, this luxe oil blend is a source of botanical extracts and vitamin E, helping to protect, nourish, & strengthen. Skin is rejuvenated & elasticity is improved, resulting in healthy, plump & luminous skin. For all skin types.”
- Protect, nourish, and strengthen skin
- Rejuvenate and improve elasticity
- Plumps skin and gives a healthy glow
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rosehip Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil
Read the CosDNA report here.
Note that while Rosehip Oil is an A+ ingredient, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil is not. Rosehip Oil is perfect for dry or dehydrated skin as it locks in moisture. This helps improve the look of wrinkles. Also, it has anti-inflammatory properties so it works well for those with acne. However, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil is just an added fragrance. This could potentially be irritating for those with sensitive skin.
Also note that the Sweet Almond Oil is the main source of Vitamin E in the formula, and that Jojoba Oil and Tocopherol are potential acne triggers.
How to use:
What Pixi instructs:
- Use AM & PM daily.
- Massage 2 to 3 drops onto cleansed, toned skin.
- For extra hydration & glow, add 1 or 2 drops to your moisturizer before applying.
What I do:
- We follow what Pixi instructs, but would like to note that we mainly use this in our night routines as it’s a bit heavier.
- Also, you really do only need 2 to 3 drops max or it ends up being to much.
How it worked for us:
I was extremely nervous to add an oil to my routine, but now I’m in love! I apply this oil before my moisturizer at night. I find that applying moisturizer after helps the oil to absorb better. When I use this oil my skin the next morning is glowy, plump, and still hydrated. I also find that if my blemishes were particularly inflamed the night before, that most of the inflammation is gone the next morning. Also, when I do decide to use this during my morning routine, I notice that my face isn’t as dry by the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this oil to those with inflammatory acne and for those who feel there skin is looking a little dull or tired. This oil is a great pick-me-up for the skin, and even though it includes added fragrances I haven’t experienced any irritation.
Like Sara, I was nervous to add oil into my routine. With oily skin to begin with I could only think, “Why would I want more oil on my face?” I’m glad I gave it a chance, because even after the first night my skin felt moisturized and appeared brighter. Adding this oil to my routine not only reduced how oily my skin became during the day, but seemed to reduce redness in my face. I went from questioning the use of having an oil in my routine to relying on it. I’m obsessed.
- Not tested on animals
- Paraben Free
- Short list of ingredients
- Only small amount needed
- Goes on smoothly
- Kept skin hydrated over long periods of time
- Helped with acne inflammation
- Didn’t cause any breakouts
- Gives skin more glow
- Only 1oz of product
- Added fragrance is a potential irritant
- Didn’t see a large improvement in small creases (like frown lines or forehead)
- Can leave skin feeling oily if to much is used or not layered with a moisturizer
- 1-Bad, had a reaction, would not buy again
- 2-Did not work
- 3-Worked, but nothing special
- 4-Great product, but has the potential to be replaced
- 5-Holy Grail, it’s the cat’s meow!
This oil locks in hydration while also providing rich nutrients to the skin that reduces redness and irritation. The long term effects leave our skin brighter, and evens out skin tone. There’s a lot to love about the product!